The Church of St Mark is located on the Holywood Road, in the District of Dundela. The tower is rectangular, and a landmark because of its location on a rise overlooking Belfast Harbour.
Shortly after the present church was built, there was an intention of installing a ring of eight bells in the tower. A timber frame for the eight was placed at the top of the tower, but only the treble and tenor bells were provided. They had cast iron headstocks, whole wheels, stays and sliders, for full circle ringing. The remaining bells were not purchased because of the swaying of the tower when these bells were rung.
In the 1950s it was learned that a legacy had been left for the provision of ring of bells, which resulted in the installation of the present ring of ten bells in 1955. Because of the movement of the tower these bells were placed very low, and were fitted on plain bearings. Also the weight of the tenor bell was kept as near as was practical to 12 ½ cwts.
Practice Night: To be confirmed
Service Ring: 10am - 10.30am no at present
Tower Contact: Gill Adair